Saturday, October 23, 2010
na sa talino'y hubad
yakagin mang masikap
...yaring diwa'y lagalag.
oktubre 20, 2010
lungsod ng mandaluyong
Resurrecting The Tanaga
The Tanaga is a type of short Filipino poem, consisting of four lines with seven syllables each with the same rhyme at the end of each line - that is to say a 7777 syllable form, with an AAAA rhyme pattern. It's almost a dying art!
The Modern Tanaga
Its modern counterpart, The Modern Tanaga, still uses the 7777 syllable count, but rhymes range from dual rhyme forms: AABB, ABAB, ABBA; to freestyle forms such as AAAB, BAAA, or ABCD. Tanagas do not have titles traditionally because the Tanaga should speak for itself. However, moderns can opt to give them titles.
- Anim na Tan(g)aga ni Arlan Camba
- Bagyo Nanaman?! (Mga Tanaga ni Angela Tabalno)
- Tatlong Tanaga ni Pia Montalban
- Tatlong Tanaga ni Nonilon Queano
- Ako po ay tutula Nang mahabang mahaba; ...ako po ...
- Makatarungang inggit (P.S. sa mga minero ng Chile)...
- Fenix (Tanaga para sa 33 minero ng Chile) ...Mat...
- Limang Tanaga sa Kahon ni Berlin Flores
- Mga Tanaga para sa Chile 33 ni Berlin Flores
- Tatlong Tanaga (sa Dilaw na Halimaw) ni M.J. Rafal...
- March 2005
- April 2005
- May 2005
- June 2005
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- November 2006
- October 2010
- November 2010
Tanagas in English3 Tanagas: 1-800-Filipino
SubmissionIf you want your work to appear in this website, submit your work to email@example.com
All rights revert to the author.
i-Tanaga mo sa Bato
|Powered by TagBoard|
Copyright and Disclaimer
Blog posts, reviews and articles, unless explicitly said are copyright of this blog. Contributions, poems and other Tanaga or similar works are however, copyright of their original authors. The intention here is the appreciation of the Tanaga as an art form. Therefore, this blog does not guarantee the quality of works in other languages, nor take part in their author's intention or politics.