Buhayin ang Tanaga!

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Images in Full Motion

This Tanaga uses imagery that is not static. Reading it will make you move with the author's suggestion:

Ilapat mo sa awit,
damdaming bitbit-bitbit.
Tulad ng mandaragit,
gumala ka sa langit.

- Angelo Ancheta, Philippines.



There is life here in this piece. An invitation that reaches out in an oddly real and tangible way. As I blog and read the many submissions for new Tanagas, I can't help but relate well to this piece. That life that I talk about in this piece is something that I discover with every new Tanaga that is submitted to this site. As I am yet learning the intricacies of the craft and the many different ways that it can be most beautiful, I expect more of this magic to be revealed to me in time.

You should discover it too; it's a sweet experience of having so much said with so little. If you can write a Tanaga in your language it will be something of a similar experience - that I can bet. As the above poem says (Apologies to Angelo A for the rough translation): Place your emotion in songs. Like a bird of prey soaring - venture into the heavens.
posted by Jardine Davies @ 3:07 AM

3 Comments:

ang ganda ng tanagang ito. there's freedom and space in every line and word. galing!

-Jojo
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 AM  
Thanks Jojo. Your TANAGA rocks. I like especially the last line 'that silence the dance of storms'.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 PM  
its amazing


-ferdinand
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment