Buhayin ang Tanaga!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Two Tanagas

I have been on a hiatus-of-sorts. Having been busy with my poetry, my online life thus, had to suffer. I have been absent from my blogging community, too, and this blog in particular had been a long time without an update.

It is such a pleasure thus, that when I am ready to update this blog, one tanaga in a local/regional Filipino language I have solicited months ago from a friend is waiting to be read in my inbox. It would be dream come true seeing a hundred thousand tanagas not just in foreign languages, but also in the original Filipino languages and regional dialects! I wonder when that day will come?

I leave it to you now to enjoy:


1.

hutik sang kagab-ihon
nagapukaw sa akon
kapung-aw sang kahapon
akon lamang suungon.

A night's whisper keeps me awake.
My nostalgia of yesterday,
this I have to bear.


2.

kay wala sang pigado
kung ang Diyos ang husgado
nano mang panghimulos
manggad nga indi imo?

For mendicancy exists naught
If judged by the Almighty
Why keep a wicked spirit
On wealth that's temporary


(Translation by the Author)
- Annvee
posted by Jardine Davies @ 4:02 AM

1 Comments:

use common translation naman po para maintindihan.pano naman maeenjoy jan. SAna TAGAlOG
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 AM  

Post a Comment